Adventure Montessori Learning PTO is organized for the purpose of supporting the education of children at AML by fostering relationships among the school, parents, and teachers and enhancing the educational experiences of the AML students by:
- providing an organization through which the parents, school, and teachers can work cooperatively; and
- providing financial support for programs funded outside of the annual school budget.
We had another great PTO meeting on Wednesday, October 7th! …For everyone that couldn’t make it this time, here is a quick recap.
- Fundraising vs. Events – To minimize confusion for parents, we decided to narrow the focus for the fundraising ask (the letter that went out last week). Any money we collect on the crowdrise site will go to teacher appreciation and professional development. We will still plan our fundraising events. Money raised from events will go to classroom supplies/wish lists for that classroom. So for Baskets of Love as an example, if Primary 4 raises $500 in auction, that $500 will go to that classroom’s wish list. We definitely want to underscore that participation in events are optional. We also agreed that any funds can carryover into 2016 if we want.
- Shallon is going to draft a follow-up email clarifying our fundraising efforts and send it around for feedback. We’ll also include PTO officer contact info.
- Ms Rose also offered to research different PTO and/or volunteer approaches to consider for next year. An example might be asking for PTO funds or volunteering hours at admissions time.
- Parents Night Out – We decided to break this into 2 events so that it is easier for parents to participate. We are going to have a Ladies Night Out in the fall and then a Guys Night Out in Spring. We just need to decide on a venue and craft the evite. This can be Moms AND staff!
If I missed anything or if you have questions, concerns, suggestions, please send them along.
Thank you all!